Green Cards

So, you’re already in the United States on a visa, but now you’re ready for legal permanent status. You need your green card. There are several courses of action if you want a green card and lawful permanent status.

One way to obtain a green card is through a family member. You may be eligible for a green card if you are:

  1. An immediate family member of a U.S. citizen – “immediate family member is defined as a spouse of a U.S. citizen; a child under 21 years of age of a U.S. citizen; or the parent of a U.S. citizen (if the U.S. citizen is at least 21 years of age)
  2. Fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen
  3. Widow(er) of a U.S. citizen
  4. VAWA self petitioner
  5. Other relatives of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident

You can also obtain a green card if you have been the victim of a crime or human trafficking.

If you think you might be eligible for a Green Card, contact Greenwood Law right away at 336-661-8788 or contact us online. Se habla español.