Greenwood Law

Why a child custody order could be changed

North Carolina parents may ask that their current child custody agreements be modified. Modification requests are generally considered and approved if they are no longer meeting the best interests of the child. A parent may need to show that the child is in immediate danger or that the custodial parent is not following through with the terms of a visitation agreement.

Denial of child custody does not mean a parent will be left out

Divorce is rarely a pleasant experience, especially when children are involved. Many North Carolina divorcees have found that ending a marriage can be especially difficult when it becomes apparent that they will spend less time with the children due to the court's custody ruling.

The role that the custodial parent plays in raising the children

North Carolina parents who have physical custody of their children for the majority of the time are known as custodial parents. While this does not necessarily mean that the non-custodial parent, or the parent who does not have the children for the majority of the time, is not involved, most of the responsibility for raising the children falls to the custodial parent.

Email Us For a Response

How Can We Help You?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Greenwood Law
One Salem Tower
119 Brookstown Avenue, Suite 300
Winston-Salem, NC 27101

Phone: 336-794-6138
Phone: 336-794-6138
Fax: 336-661-8789
Winston-Salem Law Office Map

Credit Cards