Family Law And Divorce
Family law issues can be deeply emotional. These issues, such as divorce, custody, or “who gets what” in a breakup or separation, can at times feel overwhelming. But in order for us to move forward with our lives we must address and resolve these matters.
At Greenwood Law, we understand what you are going through. We are here to help you find your way to a better future. We listen to your situation, review and assess your options with you, and then work with you to achieve the best possible outcome. At our firm, we have the experience, skill and resources to handle issues both big and small. As a boutique firm, you will work one-on-one with your attorney from the first step to the last.
Resolving Family Law Issues From The Simple To The Complex
We understand that in many family law matters there are many people who have something at stake: children, stepparents, stepchildren and grandparents. Get the dedication and commitment to your case that it needs. We can assist with:
- Divorce: From the simple divorce for a marriage that lasted fewer than 5 years with no children, to more complex matters involving a business, blended family or a long-term marriage with many assets and retirement funds.
- Child custody: Legal custody and physical custody, grandparents’ rights, alimony and matters of paternity
- Property division: We can guide you through the divorce process to ensure an equitable division that provides for your finances to be protected and remain intact.
- Spousal support: We will mitigate anxiety about how your lifestyle will change after a divorce by creating a plan that includes the division of assets and debts and takes your history and ability to provide into account.
- Separation agreements: This process allows you and your spouse to come to terms and create a private agreement.
- Prenuptial agreements: Entering a marriage honestly is necessary for a solid foundation. These agreements are beneficial for protecting children. Such an agreement is highly advised in cases of a second or successive marriage.
Get The Tailored Representation You Need
When you work one-on-one with your attorney you get the focused personal attention, respect and understanding you need. We will offer the information and guidance you need so that anxiety is taken out of the equation. We do what it takes to obtain the favorable results you seek. Call the experienced attorneys at Greenwood Law at 336-794-6138. You can also send us an email and we will get in touch.
Recent Blog Posts
Receiving an inheritance can help many North Carolina residents obtain more financial security. However, if you received an inheritance and are now facing divorce proceedings, you may have concerns...
There is no denying that a divorce can cause a lot of financial trouble. Not only are there the costs of the divorce itself but also the changes in your overall financial situation can lead to...
During your divorce, you want to receive a fair share of everything you and your spouse own. Fortunately, if you cannot reach an acceptable settlement agreement with your soon-to-be ex-spouse, a...