Harold J. Eustache Jr.
- Criminal Law Attorney
Harold is a North Carolinian who has spent his entire life serving our community. He joined Greenwood Law as an Associate Attorney in July of 2018 and he focuses on DUI’s/DWI’s, other types of criminal law, and juvenile criminal law. Harold was an Assistant District Attorney in Forsyth County where he prosecuted various criminal offenses from impaired driving to violent crimes. Harold served as one of the county’s juvenile court prosecutors and also was the lead prosecutor in the county’s Veteran’s Treatment Court, which he helped to create. This court focuses on getting veterans, charged with crimes, the help they need. Before Forsyth County, he served as a prosecutor in Rockingham County, NC. As a prosecutor Harold argued over 500 trials in both district and superior court. Harold has worked on thousands of cases involving criminal and juvenile law during his career.
Before serving as a prosecutor, Harold was enlisted for nearly six years on active duty in the United States Army as a paratrooper-infantryman. Harold served in the 101st Airborne Division’s elite Pathfinder Company. While on active duty, he served tours in Iraq in 2005-2006 and Afghanistan in 2008-2009. During those tours Harold conducted and led nearly 300 combat missions against enemy forces, everywhere from Tikrit and Samarra in Iraq to the Korengal Valley and the Pakistan Border in Afghanistan - he was awarded three Army Commendation Medals and the Combat Infantryman’s Badge as well as forty-three parachute jumps.
He is a member of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America and Veterans of Foreign Wars. In College, Harold founded the Morehouse College Republicans, the first college Republican chapter at a Historically Black College or University and is an alumni of the Young America’s Foundation. In the fall of 2016, Harold graduated as a fellow from the North Carolina Institute of Political Leadership. In 2017 Harold was selected as a delegate to the NC GOP State Convention from Forsyth County.
Attorney Eustache is a member of the Forsyth County Bar, the American Bar Association, the North Carolina Bar, and the Winston Salem Bar Association. He also serves on the Board of Directors of the Wake Forest Review.
Harold attended Morehouse College as a scholar and he received his bachelor’s degree from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte; his law degree from Wake Forest University School of Law and graduated high school from the North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics.
He currently resides in Winston Salem.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Juvenile Criminal Law
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston Salem, North Carolina
- Juris Doctor - 2014
- University of North Carolina At Charlotte, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Morehouse College, Atlanta , Georgia
Honors and Awards
- Morehouse Scholar
- North Carolina School of Math & Science Graduate
- Named Ronald Reagan President's 100
- Ronald E. McNair Scholar
- UNCC Student Senator
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Forsyth County Criminal Bar
- Chairman of the Board of the Wake Forest Review magazine
- Elected Director of North and South Carolina Law
- Member of Wake Forest Law Criminal Law Roundtable
- Member of Wake Forest Law VALOR (Veterans Advocacy Law Organization)
- Member of Wake Forest Law Litigation Clinic
- Prosecutor’s Externship
- Member of Wake Forest Law Trial Practice and Complex Ligation
Past Employment Positions
- Forsyth County District Attorney’s Office, Assistant District Attorney, 2016 to 2018
- Rockingham County District Attorney’s Office, Assistant District Attorney, 2015 to 2016
- United States Attorney’s Office, Middle District of North Carolina, Litigation Clinical Externship, 2013 to 2013
- Honorable Judge Edwin Wilson Jr., North Carolina Superior Court, , Clerk, 2012 to 2012
- United States Army, Sergeant, Pathfinder Team Leader, 101st Airborne Division, 2004 to 2010
- Alpha Phi Alpha